Monday, September 26, 2011

Batwoman #1


I went into this knowing nothing about Batwoman other than she's a lesbian. I think now I know even less. Batwoman is Kate Kane, an impossibly pale ginger girl who lives with her sidekick. She had a sister Alice whom I guess was a supervillain? I don't know. It was all very confusing.

The enemy Batwoman is up against here is a ghost. An evil ghost woman that's kidnapping and drowning children. The issue ended with Batman wanting to talk to her, presumably about what dish she's making for the next Batfamily potluck.

Would I pick up issue 2? Probably. I like the art a lot and though I literally had no idea what was happening, I got this feeling that the writer was actually going somewhere interesting with all of it.

1 comment:

  1. And-rew: The art is rad here, but there was an earlier volume before the reboot of this book, where an actual writer wrote it. Crazy, I know. It's called Batwoman: Elegy and it's a lot better. I haz it if you want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete