Monday, September 26, 2011

Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #1


When Grant Morrison put out the Frankenstein mini-series that was part of his Seven Soldiers of Victory epic, I thought it was the cat's tits. Goddamn fantastic.

Then Frankenstein made a few cameo appearances in Final Crisis, though apparently only to quote Milton. Here he still quotes Milton, seemingly for no reason other than the fact that he used to after his creation in the early 19th century. He works for a gothy version of S.H.I.E.L.D. called S.H.A.D.E. and they've teamed up with other genetic recreations of famous Universal Monsters. My reaction to this was similar to my reaction to a lot of these DC reboot titles:

Seriously, this book seems like someone went on a weeklong cocaine and vodka jag while reading every issue of B.P.R.D., watching The Monster Squad over and over again, and jerking off into a Dracula coffee mug.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this one was pretty much fail for me too. I didn't like the art, didn't like the story, I thought even the coloring was fucked. We get it, Frankstein has green skin, does the rest of the fucking book have to?

    ReplyDelete